Wednesday, February 3, 2016

John 8: 12 NKJV


Time and time, Jesus had spoken to the scribes and Pharisees concerning his Oneness with the Father,  and that the Father who sent him beareth witness of  him.  As many times as Jesus had spoken to them,  they had also turned a deaf ear and would not receive nor believe what he would say.  Note, we read verses 12 - 16 KJV: 12.  Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. 13 The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of  thyself; thy record is not true.  14 Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and  whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go.  15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.  16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.

Though Jesus spoke to them again, saying, I am the light of the world just as he had spoken many times before, yet, they  did not believe him.  We can see that the light of the world is for all nations, and not for one nation only. We can also see that the visible light for the world is the sun, and it shines on all, and not just a chosen few.  Jesus Christ is our spiritual Sun of Righteousness, or the spiritual light of the world and he is for all as well.  Can you imagine what a dungeon of darkness this world would be without the sun, moon, and the stars?  Imagine the same, that without Jesus Christ as   the spiritual light he brings for the redemption of our souls, by whom light enters into this dark world.  Ye are the light   of the world.  A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid (Matthew 5:14).

For those of us who proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ and his followers and believers in him, follow him as the light that shines in dark places.  We shall not walk or have our lives portrayed as darkness, that is, as the world does; but, we shall have the light of life.  As we are following Christ, and he being the light of the world, it is our duty to follow him, submit our hearts, minds, souls, and bodies unto the light of his guidance, and in every thing we do, be lead by his direction.  It is in his Word and by his Spirit that we are equipped to be the light of the world.  His word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path (Ps.119:105).   


sablack

No comments:

Post a Comment